Monday, September 28, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. Truthfully I haven't had much that was outdoor related to blog about. This is because I finally started my new job as a corrections officer. I am finally working a set shift and getting into the swing of things, so I hope to start blogging more.

I know I am going hunting tomorrow morning. A massive cold front has moved through, so I am hoping there will be a bunch of deer moving. I would like to shoot one more antlerless deer before the real season starts this Saturday. Luckily I have that day off, so I'll be able to do some horn hunting! Deer season sure has snuck up on me this year even though I hunted a few times during the early season. I guess having a job does that to ya!

Hopefully I'll knock down a few deer in the next week and have something cool to blog about. Best of luck to everyone who is preparing for their respective hunting seasons!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck knocking down one last doe, and good luck once the regular season starts. Hope you kill a bruiser.

    Today I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. Tomorrow morning is our archery opener, we have cold front moving through too, and I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome man! Sounds like perfect conditions for you guys. Knock down one of those Michigan giants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I've been rather busy myself. Good luck to you on the rest of your season. I plan on hitting the woods tomorrow morning for my first bow hunt of the year. Keep us posted on how your season is goin!

    ReplyDelete